Saturday, January 2, 2021

LAST ROOSTER HARVEST OF THIS SEASON

 Up to get a busy day started. Thankfully no rain this morning and the clouds are breaking up pretty fast in the warm temperature.   I got chores done while hubbie walked an egg order down to the mailbox for a customer to pick up and caught a ride back up with #2 son who was off today and coming over to help us with our last rooster harvest of the season.  With hubbie's hurt finger I needed some extra help with setting up and plucking duties so son and daughter volunteered but son-in-love has a migraine this morning so daughter is staying home and keeping the girls .  I grabbed a breakfast bar and a cup of coffee while hubbie and son were gathering our tools.    Son helped me catch the 5 final roosters and we got started.  It went so much faster with son's help and since we were finished in less than 2 hours I decided to cut all these up so we would have chicken pieces and they will take up a lot less room in our pretty crowded freezer. I got all these in the refrigerator to cool overnight while d-in-love and daughter both came over to let the girls play and draw more on the easel I sat up.   D-in-love took RL home and I went to Sam's Club with daughter to pick up some after Christmas on sale dresses for next year for all the girls but we struck out and didn't find anything on sale.        Back home daughter took IR and CA home while hubbie and I went outside to get some things done. I cleaned out all the rooster pens that were no emptied for a while and hubbie worked on a water bucket cover to hopefully keep my chicken waterer refill water from freezing.    We also got chores done and then I sat on the front porch with "Meow Meow" to watch this beautiful red sunset. 




G-son got his first driving lesson today as he drove his mom up and down the drive from their house to ours.  And yes it was shorts and T-shirt weather this afternoon with temps in the low 60's !!!
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: