Sunday, January 24, 2021

QUIET BLESSED SUNDAY

 Up to a nice leisurely Sunday morning. The sun is shining but there was pretty thick ice on the water pans from the earlier morning 26 degrees.  After chores hubbie got beef stew started in the crock pot while I cut up a Delicata squash to go in the oven and peeled apples for apple crisp. I used the last of our golden delicious apples we had bought last fall today. These kept very well out in the cool sunroom.  We had #1 son's family, Aa's family and daughter's family here for lunch today.  Everyone had a nice visit.       After they all left I put away laundry while hubbie went down to help #1 son get a shed he is building covered so tonight and tomorrow's rain won't wet everything. I did a little more work in the basement and then got out my "ski" machine and did 2,000 steps on it . MY knee started hurting so I stopped feeling like that was a good start and tomorrow I can start increasing the steps each day. I did chores early because dark clouds rolled in and wanted to get inside before the rain started. I had to pick up a Walmart order at 7:00 tonight and then we dropped some things off at daughters.  We came home to rest for the evening and I got caught up with sis-in-love Sandy.   We don't talk often so when we do it takes a long time to catch up on everything. She is still having trouble from her car wreck and bro-in-law had the covid virus right before Christmas but did okay thankfully with just a really bad sore throat and really tired. Sis-in-law had no symptoms at all so she doesn't know if she had it and didn't know it or not.   They watched their grandkids open Christmas presents from outside their houses through windows !!    This is such a weird disease that effects everyone so differently it is the craziest thing I have ever seen.  I am just glad they didn't get really sick or in the hospital.  I thank God everyday that our family is all healthy and covid free for another day along with all the other blessings He gives us.                                                                                                    God Bless and Good Night