Thursday, February 25, 2010

WORKING THROUGH THE COLD WITH A COLD!

Well,Yuck!! The head cold that has been threatening me for over a week finally caught up with me last night. I guess it is true that stress lowers your immune system because this cold became full blown overnight,I didn't sleep more than a couple hours and was up and down all night trying different things to help me sleep. I have felt like crap all day but have had to work through it,I probably would have felt just as bad doing nothing anyway.
I did paperwork this morning since I opted out of it last night when only my back was hurting,ha!! Now it's all I can do to keep my nose from dripping all over my papers. My back is fine today after laying on a heating pad all night.
After lunch I went over to the old house to meet sis-in-law and bro-in-law,we washed walls and windows all afternoon. It is amazing how nicotine from cigarette smoke yellows things.
We got a lot done and when hubbie got off work he brought his truck over and we loaded up the old furniture and brought it home.This is a bedroom suit hubbie's parents bought in the early 50's,there was only these 2 pieces and a mirrow that goes on the shorter piece,we have no idea what happened to the bed that must have come with them.These old trunks were in the attic filled with pieces of material,the old leather suitcase must have been a load to carry around. A hand crank ice cream churn and another old solid oak small chest of drawers were other items chosen by daughter,her house will look just like mine one of these days with all her old memories collected.
Mother in law was a crocheter and made many afghans which I brought home so daughter will probably fill one of her old trunks with them for safe keeping.
We got everything unloaded and did chores in a cold cold wind that has held the temperatures in the 20's all day even with the sunshine.That wind just cuts right through you. After supper I took a short break on the couch with my 4-legged kids who felt good and warm snuggled up to me while we watched Survivor on TV. Then it was back out in the cold to go work at church. I am looking forward to a hot bath,a dose of Nyquil and a long restful sleep tonight.
I can feel God working in my life right now I'm just not sure which direction He wants me to go just yet,ever feel like that?????
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Poor thing... I hope you sleep better tonight. There's nothing worse than an old head-cold. Yuk!!!!

Glad you are getting the inlaws house cleaned out. BIG JOB... What will you do now? Sell it as is????

Glad you are hanging onto the afghans ---for the family.. Someone in the future will appreciate your mother-in-law's hard work.

We're having a wonderful time in Arkansas--but it's passing by too quickly. The weather has been great considering the fact that it was snowing at home.

Hugs,
Betsy