Saturday, April 24, 2010


Got an early,like 6 am, wake-up call, a dog with a very forlorn sounding continuous yelp. Hubbie looks at me and says ,you better go see if one of your dogs is caught in something in their lot. I got up and opened the back door to still dusky dark ,but I could see both Annie and Sadie and they were fine. The sound was coming from somewhere out through the pasture.I looked on the front porch for old man Willie and he wasn't there.
I got back in bed and told hubbie I couldn't tell where it was coming from exactly,but Willie wasn't on the porch in his regular spot. It was his turn to get up and he found Willie out in the middle of the pasture, down in his hind legs,not able to walk. He carried him back to the front porch and put him to bed. We can't figure why he went out into the pasture or how he even got through the fence. He is better tonight after some canine aspirin, I think the dampness made his arthritis flare up.
Another slow day at market, daughter's little sister showed up while her mother was furniture shopping. We found out after their recent move into a new apartment they do not have any furniture. Kate has been sleeping on a stack of blankets on the floor and her mother on a wicker couch. I had the mattress that I had recently taken off g-son's bed and daughter made a call to the church yard sale to see if they had any furniture left. They had a double bed,a desk and chair and small book shelf they would gladly donate.
I stopped at Aldi and Walmart on my way home ,it started pouring rain during these stops. It has been dreary all day and I was hoping to get home ahead of the hard rain,but didn't make it.
Hubbie was installing the new dishwasher when I got home.
I sat all my potted plants out in the rain to get a drink of good rainwater.
Daughter is pet sitting this weekend,and had to go take a test for her part time job today.
The church dropped the left over furniture off on #2 son's porch.
When daughter and Kate got here we loaded up everything in the van and daughter's jeep,stopped by the in-laws old house to pick up a twin bed frame and a couple more shelves and headed on over to their new apartment to unload.
I was surprised to see only a couple pieces of furniture in the whole place,all their belongings still in boxes,because they didn't have anywhere to put it to unpack.
The mother had spent the afternoon going from thrift shop to thrift shop to get some furniture and didn't find any help at all,excuse me but I thought that was part of these places purpose,I guess I was wrong.
As we were finishing up I got a call from d-in-love,they were going to El Paso for supper and wanted us to join them. I've never eaten there so it'll be a new treat.
The food was really good and the prices were great,g-son behaved and all was well!!
We got home with just enough daylight to do our chores.The rain has continued all evening,there is almost an inch in my new rain gauge tonight with more on the way.
HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY,HAPPY BIRTHDAY D-IN-LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank God for all His wonderful blessings.
Good Night and God Bless.


Amy H. said...

Thanks for the bday wish :)

Nadeem1414 said... i have visited to this site and found to get the latest short story which is very informative.

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Happy Birthday to your DIL... What a gorgeous couple!!!

Hope Willie will be okay..Glad your hubby heard him hollering...

Hope they get some furniture soon for that new apartment...