Sunday, May 29, 2011

BEAUTIFUL SUNDAY

Church was special this morning, it was a continuing celebration of our Pastor's 20 years with us. Our associate pastor preached a very uplifting sermon and a young lady came forward wanting to be Baptized.
We said good -bye to some close friends who are headed off to Mass. until Nov. They work for the national park system and travel each year to work at different parks.

Back home we had #1 son, g-son and daughter for lunch. I gathered lettuce and onions from the garden to make wilted lettuce again today.
#2 son is golfing and d-in-love is working.
After lunch I planted the herbs and plants I bought yesterday.
This is a hanging basket I got for only $10 !
I also bought 2 more Citronella plants to put in our covered patio to help keep mosquitoes at bay while sitting out there.

I didn't get this yesterday but this is a tomato plant that I got on clearance at Walmart a couple weeks ago.
Ate our first tomatoes of the season from it today.

Remember the old wagon wheel spokes I bought last fall?
Well I thought they would make nice flower pots and they sure do .And I don't have to water these!!!

After everyone left today I took a long walk. The weather has been hot again today 86 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

Snowball grazes in a field of clover .

After relaxing awhile and listening to my new Indian flute music CD I worked on my blog book. I have all 2009 edited now and just have to go back over it one more time before publishing it. I'm excited to see how it turns out.

As I walked today I prayed a prayer of thankfulness just looking around at the beautiful world I am graced to live in, I am so thankful that God chose to place me where I am and surrounded by the people that love me.
Good Night and God Bless

1 comment:

Gail said...

Have a wonderful day!