Wednesday, May 4, 2011

BLACKBERRY WINTER REARS HER UGLY HEAD

A cool morning made chores quicker. I refilled all the bird feeders and put out suet cakes again. I've been limiting the suet cakes as the squirrels started eating 2 every morning and that was getting expensive,hopefully by not finding any for a few days they have moved on to something else.
I spotted a new visitor this afternoon,Hubbie has seen him before and showed me the huge holes in the newly exposed boards in the shed he was tearing down so I finally saw him today. Here he is, the first Pileated Woodpecker I've seen around hear.
These old boards are full of carpenter bees and as they crawled out to escape his constant hammering he was having a feast.

I cleaned floors today,picked up G-son from pre-school,changed my aquarium water and ran the weed eater around the yard.
Since it was cooler today, 58 for the high, g-son was content to stay inside and watch TV or play in his playroom.
This doesn't look like the month of May attire, as Hubbie and G-son went to do the barn chores this evening.And this doesn't look like a nicely groomed garden anymore !!!
With temperatures predicted to be around 35 tonight with scattered frost these buckets cover tomato, pepper,squash and basil plants. Blankets cover other tender vegetation around the yard and my sunroom has a few extra guest tonight.
These will stay inside for a couple days until blackberry winter releases her grip.

G-son stayed late tonight and was on hand to help daughter do her baking.
#1 son went to Bible Study at Church and d-in-love went to Charlotte to visit her Aunt who is still vigilantly staying by her son's side after his accident. The swelling has gone down but they have not tried to get him out of the coma yet. Today they put in a tracheotomy and moved the feeding tube to his stomach.
I did weekly paperwork and payed bills before I iced 6 caramel,3 chocolate and 1 coconut cake for tomorrow at market.
Today seems to have been a very long day to me. I feel like I got a lot done even with the extra cover up work this evening but tonight I feel like somethings been forgotten for some reason. Maybe being inside most of the day has thrown me a curve because it's been a while since we've stayed in this much.

Thanking the Lord for the blessings of today.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: