Saturday, May 14, 2011

LIFE IN MAY 1981 WAS EXCITING

Slow market day again, I keep thinking this is the week it will pick up and stay busy but so far that isn't happening.
I think this is one reason customers are taking their business somewhere else. This is where the sellers should be and between me and the end of the market today there was one other seller. I don't know what the answer is but we don't have many people selling produce now and this time of year that is a big drawing card.

On to a more pleasant subject, I love hats, I've always enjoyed wearing hats. Every chance I get I will wear a hat ,be it a baseball type cap or a big straw sun hat, at one time of the other you'll find me in it.
Today with the threat of a rainy day, I choose this navy blue hat to match my outfit today.
The rain never came,only a light sprinkle as I loaded the van at closing time but I still enjoyed my hat.
After market I made baking supply stops at 3 places, still forgot to buy a replacement Beta fish in Walmart.
#1 son and g-son were here when I got home and g-son stayed while his dad went to Asheville to run an errand.
Hubbie and #1 son got the wall built around my parking space and got grass seed sown on the back fill around it.
When #1 son came back after g-son Hubbie and I finished the outside chores and decided to put up my shelf that #1 son made me for Mother's Day.
I love it ,it's a perfect match with my bare wood cabinets,love the silverware hooks.
With this job done I fell only one task short for the week, that was the Beta fish, so this has been a successful week of to do's !

30 years ago in May of 1981, things were beginning to get really exciting in our lives.
We were preparing to be first time parents.
This is the first picture of #1 son and they couldn't tell us if he was a boy or girl at this time.
Hubbie and I were very active and routinely followed Nascar racing.
This is Bristol raceway in Tennessee in 1981.
We also spent many weekends at the lake, this time of year fishing. This is Hubbie with some of our fish.
We also made a trip to Chimney Rock that May.
It looks alot different than it looks today.
This view of Lake Lure sure looks different today also.
We had 3 dogs that year, the little white dog I showed last month and 2 large outside dogs.
This is Helga a Norwegian Elkhound.
She was given to us by a family who had chickens and Helga liked to chase them.

And this is Dixie the Doberman.
She was my guard dog in my single,living alone days and continued to do her job after I got married.

Grateful for God's love and care today and everyday.

Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

What a wonderful peek into your past.

Hopefully the market will pick up as fresh garden vegtables come on the scene.