Wednesday, May 25, 2011

HOT ROUTINE WEDNESDAY

Another hot one !!! After chores this morning I sat outside to have my tea and caught this little character in the act of having his breakfast...
I put this feeder filled with large bird treats to try to keep the Pileated Woodpeckers from tearing up the outside patio. The squirrels have has a feast and the woodpeckers still would prefer the carpenter bees burrowed into the rafters of the patio.

I cleaned floors all morning and after lunch I cleaned off the porches and did some re-arranging.
Whew !!,it's hot but thankfully the 15-20 mph wind is keeping it from being miserable outside.
After supper I went on my walk around the pastures. I almost stumbled on this fellow in the path.
Each time I see one of these tortoise I marvel at God's intricate handy work.

I love this time of year on my walk because it is so fragrant. We have an abundance of wild Honey Suckle on the hillside surrounding our bottom pastures.
I love the smell !!!

We need rain and they are predicting that we are going to get storms tomorrow,hopefully with this red sky at twilight the storms won't be bad ones.
After doing weekly paperwork and paying bills I iced 6 caramel,2 chocolate and 2 coconut cakes for tomorrow.
The high today was a balmy 85 and at 11:30 tonight it is still 68.

God is good all the time.

Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, We did get the rain today --after a hot and windy couple of days. Luckily, it was not severe... BUT--there were some severe storms around so I hope you don't get anything bad.

I'm a little 'under the weather' today (nausea, headache, etc.).. Must have picked up a 'bug' somewhere. No Fun!!!

I love to smell Honeysuckle also. We don't have any near here --but I did in VA where I grew up...

Have a good evening.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

Sounds like the cake business is doing well.

Watch what you wish for, lately storms have been the only way to get rain. Wishing you the exact amount you need with safe skies included.