Friday, October 7, 2011


Woke a little later than usual on this last day of vacation. I had a hard time going to sleep last as my mind went racing ahead to the decisions to be made in the days when I get home.As I ate breakfast g-son came into the kitchen and began begging to stay with us instead of going home with mom and dad today. I said it was okay if he stayed but he would sleep most of the time difference between when they leave and we leave. He ask anyway and was told no.
I sat out on the beach deck and watched the sea oats sway in the ocean breeze while I reflected on this week.
It has been a wonderful week as I've watched g-son having so much fun on the beach and in the pool. Everyone has acted relaxed and we have all been able to de-stress at least for a week.D-in-love in her relaxation mode.

Hubbie,daughter,#2 son and I all went to the beach with g-son while his mom and dad packed. He got in a full day of beach play in a couple hours and was happy.
Uncle D is special. He digs swimming pools on the beach !!!!

We decided that we all would drive down to a little burger cafe for a late lunch.

The food was wonderful here, we all had hotdogs or hamburgers with all the sides and fixins with sweet tea to drink,yummmy.

This old collage was on the wall in the cafe. Would you work for $1 a year ?

When we finished lunch #1 son,d-in-love and g-son headed on up the road toward home and we headed back to the beach house and g-son didn't even realize we weren't leaving also as we told him we would see him tomorrow.
On the way back to the house the 4 of us drove to the other end of the island and walked out on the beach there where many people were fishing.Oak Island is on the other side of this waterway,we've stayed there one spring.
This must be the favorite spot for sure but we still didn't see any fish being caught while we were there.

Back at our beach house we decided to try our luck again and use up all our bait anyway.
After a couple cast I looked at my line and thought it was moving against the current ,as I started to reel it in daughter said she thought she had a fish. My line went as she reeled in a 15 inch flounder and then realized it was actually on my line which was all tangled up in hers.

Oh well at least she got to reel it in and we have at least one fresh fish to take home for all our fishing this week.
We all fished about another 1 1/2 hours but hubbie only caught a small Pompano .
As the day comes to an end with another glorious sunset we started getting our things together and loading them in the van and truck.
GOING ......
GONE..... And so is another year's wonderful vacation.

Daughter found a huge piece of drift wood on the beach that she is taking home to decorate her yard and it made packing a bit more interesting.
I am doing laundry tonight so I won't be swamped when I get home.
Talked to sis-in-law tonight and things are good at home and #1 son called and said he went over and checked things when they got home around 9 pm.

It's hard to believe this week has passed so fast when it seems only just yesterday I was kinda dreading leaving things at home for a week away. Now I'm kinda dreading getting back into the swing of things at home. I have had several calls wanting cakes while I have been down here so I'm going to be busy when I get back as this time of year is always one of my busiest.
As I type this I'm waiting for my last load of laundry to dry ,it is 10:00, I expect to be in bed by 11:00 so we can get up early tomorrow and be out of the house at 10 am.

I'm so grateful tonight for God's blessing of this wonderful week and praying for his protective hand on all of us as we travel home tomorrow.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: