Monday, October 24, 2011

HECTIC START, PEACEFUL END AND I'M IN LOVE

The phone ringing woke me up early this morning. Daughter was on the other end saying her bath water wouldn't pump out this morning after she took her shower.
When we finished an apartment in our basement, because it is below the level of the septic drain pipe we had to put in a special system that grinds and pumps the septic water actually up and out the pipe. We had our doubts about how this would work but until now it has worked like magic. Hubbie said he probably knew what was wrong as he had gotten a large ball of hair out of her bath tub drain last night and probably dislodged some more into the pump. He was exactly right but it took all day to get to the pump to get the hair out of it. I'll spare you the details as they weren't very pretty !!!
To make for an even more interesting day just as daughter was calling #1 son brought g-son in and said he might be sick. Bless his heart he was white as a sheet but said he felt okay at first but by the time it was time to leave for pre-school, which he loves, he said he didn't want to go. We knew he was sick then.
He was up and down all morning feeling okay then feeling bad again. Finally as he rode with me to make a cake delivery he went to sleep.Bernie watches over his sick friend.
While he slept and hubbie worked in the basement I decided to take care of all these.This is what I gleaned from our garden last week before the frost.

Now they look like this.Strings of Cayenne peppers will season our chili and other warm dishes.Even had enough for 4 strings to sell at market.
Bell peppers and jalapeno peppers are sliced and froze separately and then bagged so we can take out just what we need.
No shortage of peppers here this winter !!

G-son woke up feeling a lot better and had the color back in his face, he circled me on his tricycle while I worked.
Mom came and picked him up and hopefully he is over his sickness.

Hubbie finished one job and then bush hogged the upper pasture and a road around the bottom pasture for the last time this season.
We put Frontline on all the dogs hopefully for the last time this season also.

I took my new camera and went on a walk this evening ,I'm in love, yes I love this little guy. It makes such clear pics, see for yourself and enjoy the fall color around our farm.







Yes I am in love with my new camera but also with the beauty our Heavenly Father lays out before our eyes each and every day.
Just as hectic as this day began it ends with the peacefulness of a beautiful Fall season.

Unlike some folks in Turkey today,after yesterday's earthquake, over 300 people lost their lives and many are still buried beneath the rubble. Please pray for these people.
Survivor tent cities !!!And I just think I have problems !!!!!!

I baked 48 layers tonight plus 3 pound cakes and 2 wine cakes, got my mind on something and didn't notice the clock and shouldn't have mixed the last 3 as they will not come out of the ovens until 12:30. That still leaves me 2 more wine cakes to bake in the morning.
Thanking God tonight for the blessings of the day.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Susie Swanson said...

Wow, you've been a busy lady. I could never bake that much in one day. I'd die eating it...lol..