Saturday, October 29, 2011

HALLOWEEN SATURDAY AT MARKET

Feeling almost normal thankfully this morning after a good night's sleep. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sleep because I had slept the entire day yesterday but I slept soundly all night. I guess that's a sign of how sick I was !
Daughter and hubbie were here to help get to market this morning.
I even felt like wearing my witches hat, which I wear every year. Maybe next year I need to come up with something different.
Like my friend at market Mary as she is dressed up also.
I had a very good day at market selling out except for 1 cake and 2 loaves of daughter's bread.
Got a couple large Thanksgiving orders already. Daughter left to do some furniture shopping at some resale shops around town but didn't find anything.
After market I stopped by Ace hardware and World of Clothing to look at the rugs they have on sale but found nothing at either place. Went by daughter's house where her and hubbie were working then came home to get something bland to eat. My stomach is still feeling tender.
It is a very raw day here with temperatures in the low 40's and 20 mph wind cutting right through you.
I'm thankful we're not part of the historic snow storm that is pounding the northeast with up to 20" of October snow.
I've heard of frost on the pumpkin but not snow on the pumpkin !!
One of the main problems they are having is downed power lines because the leaves haven't fallen off the trees yet and are super heavy covered with snow,causing trees to fall on lines. The entire state of New Jersey is in emergency status with over 500,000 people out of power already.
New York has 4" of snow and expecting more for the first time since records were kept. There was 1" of snow there during the Civil War.
I moved some plants into the green house tonight because we are supposed to get to 30 degrees for our first freeze of the season.
After chores me and my 4-legged kids snuggled on the couch for a while.
I'm still feeling a little weak,probably from dehydration but slowly am getting back to normal. Talked to d-in-love today and she also is better today but now other g-ma is sick with it.
It is 11:30 and I'm looking forward to a good hot bath and a long snuggle in the arm bed tonight.
Grateful to God tonight for His undying love.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

So glad you are feeling better.

I do not want any snow, well, maybe a little, here one day, gone the next.

We have had a couple of heavy frost but Marcy covered much and the garden is still producing!