Wednesday, May 16, 2012

BIRDS AND BLOOMS

Not a good night, up and down all night re-heating the hot pack for my aching upper gums and my burning nose.  The last time I sat in the kitchen waiting for it to heat the clock said 4:45am. After that I must have finally drifted off for a few hours.
Up and finished with chores I had to force myself to eat something for breakfast and had some hot tea that made me feel a little better.
I sent an Avon order off online and then decided to take a walk in the sunshiny morning. I noticed these wild Flag Iris in this bed blooming brightly.

These are always a bright spot when they bloom with their stand out yellow blooms.

I made a stop at Tractor Supply for more chicken feed on the way to pick up g-son. This is an expensive time of year for my chicken farming as I feed chick starter/grower to all the little ones until they get several months old.
G-son and I stopped at Walgreens to get me some Alka-Seltzer cold medicine. I'm game to try anything that will make me feel better of this nasty head cold.
After we ate lunch I took a dose before I started baking my cakes.
I think it did make me feel better, my nose didn't burn anymore and my nose has stopped running all evening.
I baked 6 caramel,3 chocolate, 2 coconut, 2 pound and 2 wine cakes today.
G-son left early to go to swimming lessons and I spent some relaxing minutes outside soaking up some of the much missed sunshine over the last few days.
I heard fluttering sounds toward the barn and when I headed up that way, the lawn was a sea of blue, Bluebirds that is.
Mom and dad Blue were coaxing their babies from the nest box and they were fluttering all about.
This one seems to be hanging on to home for dear life while these 2 seem comfortable on the low branches of the Cottonwood tree.

Also this young Mockingbird looked perplexed at all the activity.




I love Spring because it is so full of new beginnings and new life. It just makes you feel closer to God with each little bird that fledges and each little new bud that opens into a lovely flower.
The temperature was still nice today 72 and tonight it is supposed to get 50.
Hubbie and I spent some time this evening walking around to decide where we will maybe put a new barn for the lower pastures. I will start getting some cost estimates soon.
I did paperwork and payed bills before icing all the cakes and getting them wrapped for market.
With each yawn I think that I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight !!!
Thankful to God tonight for sending blessings my way today and His love.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: