Friday, May 18, 2012

EXTRA BUSY FRIDAY

Busy,busy Friday !!  As I pulled myself out of the peaceful snooze early this morning I got ready for one of those non-stop days.
After chores and breakfast I did manage a short walk before heading to Walmart for more baking supplies for late orders I received.
Then I stayed stuck in the kitchen for most of the day. I baked 6 more caramel cakes to go along with the 12  baked last night, also 3 chocolate,1 coconut, 2 pound and 1 wine cake.
I iced 6 caramel cakes at a time and between all this to give my back a rest I cleaned the bathrooms and washed mud splatters off windows and doors from the hard rains of last week.
When hubbie got home from work he helped me put Frontline on all the dogs and then got on the lawn mower.
After I had a bowl of cereal for supper and finished evening chores I sat down to wait on sunset and read some in the new book I ordered. This lady has an interesting blog that I have followed for years and she has written a book about her trials and recovery after a horrific plane crash that left her burned over 80% of her body. The book is called Heaven is Here and so far it is very good.
This was my only relaxation time of the day as I had more cakes to ice tonight finishing just in time to listen to the news while I type this blog.
The local high school has a plant sale each spring and this is a really nice Jade plant I bought from them this year.
I love the light green color and the edged leaves !

Thanking God for blessing me with strength for days like this.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Ardith said...

Hi! I have just been reading through your past several posts and enjoying the pictures! The flowers and feathered "people" are great. Sounds like you are still working hard -maybe over doing-but enjoying life. Take care and God Bless. See you in Green Country!