Wednesday, May 23, 2012

RAINY WEDNESDAY

I can't decide if this day is going to be cloudy,rainy or sunshiny as I go through chores and take my walk this morning. There was about 2/10ths inch of rain in the gauge from last night. As I walked I looked over our garden that we worked Monday and thanked God for the abundance of it this year so far.


I went to work baking cakes as the clouds still hung heavy and shortly I heard raindrops on the metal roof of the sunroom just outside the kitchen. I baked 6 caramel,4 chocolate, 1 coconut, 5 pound cakes and 2 wine cakes before I took a lunch break.
After eating I gave all the floors a good cleaning as it has been a couple weeks since I had the house to myself on Wednesday for a thorough scrubbing.
I got a call from the young couple who looked at #2 son's house to rent a couple weeks ago and they have decided to rent it on the 1st of July if he still wants to move by then. His house hunting last week didn't turn up anything so I'm not sure what he is going to do now.
The rain fell lightly most of the afternoon adding another 2/10ths inch to the gauge by evening chore time.
#2 son came up for a  haircut this evening and said he would go ahead and rent his house and either move in with his sister for a while or rent something until he finds a house. He said the bank told him it would be much quicker to get a loan on another house if he already had the one he has now rented.
The young couple that are renting it are really nice and they are going to rent our pasture also.
Life is everchanging around here. Each day I get up I wonder what changes and challenges I will be faced with today.
I did the weekly paperwork and payed bills then iced all my cakes this evening. So much for an early bedtime tonight !!!
Talked to sis-in-law for a long time tonight catching up on all the news.
Hubbie now has my cold from last week, but he's not suffering the painful sinus and gum pain I did, at least so far.
Cousin Connie was moved to the local Hospice facility today and she is fading quickly so prayerfully the suffering will soon be over for everyone and the healing can begin.
Grateful tonight for the blessings of the day and for His graciousness in everything I do,still praying for comfort for Connie's family.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Prayers for Connie and the family... God Bless her.

Sounds like your son will do well to have his house rented --and keep looking to buy a house.

We went to the Smokies yesterday and hiked 4.3 miles in the RAIN... It poured --and even though we had rain jackets on, we got soaked --or at least the bottom half of us did... ha

Hugs,
Betsy

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Hey darlin', I'm glad your feelin' better but sad your dear hubby got the stinkin' crud!

Boy,could we ever use some of that wonderful rain. It's been August dry 'round here.

Know I'm liftin' your family and Miss Connie up to the Lord. It hurts so to see loved ones suffer.

God bless ya sweetie and have a beautiful day! :o)