Thursday, May 17, 2012

GOOD MARKET DAY

Woke feeling rested after finally a good nights sleep. I barely remember my head hitting the pillow last night before I was off to ZZZZ land.
My cold is on the way to being over today,thankfully. I still sound strange when I talk but my stuffy nose is going away.
As I did morning chores and got ready for market I smelled smoke really strong and could see smoke but couldn't see where it was coming from.
Hopefully just one of the neighbors burning brush as it smelled like wood smoke and living on this creek valley the smoke can travel for miles easily.
Got to market a few minutes late but it was empty of customers any way.
I actually had a pretty good day as the morning wore on more activity came.
Thankfully I sold quite a few things for daughter and myself.
Hopefully market business will pick up as the warm weather comes in. When I did Aprils monthly totals from the market sales I had to go all the way back to the year 2000 to find an April with a like sales total. Although those figures are not exactly comparable, as back in 2000 I did sell a lot of craft items which today are practically non existant.
After market I did the regular errands and then picked up baking supplies on the way home.
Got a call from #2 son wanting me to go look at another house with him. He met me at home and helped unload before we went to meet the realtor.
This house was in a really nice neighborhood and it was a nice house but it was built in 1988 and would require a lot of work to get it the way he wants.  It had white carpet thoughout,even in the bathrooms !! And the mirrored wall in the living room was definitely a "have to go" !!  He'll keep looking !
We drove through rain on the way there and on the way home but it was dry here and stayed that way for the evening.
After chores I had my first night of cake baking this year. I have 12 cakes ordered for Saturday so I made them tonight so that I can just do the regular things tomorrow.
I am tired tonight as I am still getting over this cold and am looking forward to another good night of sound sleep.
Thanking God for the goodness He shows me each day. And asking for His guidance for #2 son in his house hunting venture.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I noticed on our TV weather tonight that you all are STILL getting rain. We had a gorgeous day here today--and it should be that way for a few more. Then, next week it's going to really get hot.... I sorta dread 'hot'.....

Looking for the perfect house isn't easy. Why would anyone even try to sell one with white carpet and a big mirror like that????? Yipes!!!!!

Hope you have a good day tomorrow. I'll be outside doing yardwork... The weeds are taking over!!!!
Hugs,
Betsy