Friday, May 11, 2012

STORM REPAIRS AND MY BIG DAY IN MAY 1972

An unusual Friday started early with having to get g-son up and off to pre-school. Thankfully hubbie is off today since he worked Monday so he took him to school while I did the morning chores.
He stopped for a haircut on the way home so I had finished everything including breakfast when he got here.
I went back up to the chicken plantation and cleaned out the brooder box I emptied last night.
Hubbie and I decided to leave early and check out an estate sale before picking up g-son. We didn't find anything we couldn't live without !
After picking up g-son and coming home for lunch,hubbie mowed the lawn, I baked 6 caramel,6 pound and 1 wine cake and g-son loaded all the stuff animals he could into his little wagon and pulled them behind his tricycle all around the house. He went from New York to Florida to California,even a trip to Mexico and the North Pole !!! Love his imagination !
Later this afternoon we fixed the ditch that washed out in the front yard with the help of this little guy.
I'm strong enough to do this by myself pawpaw !!!

They went down the hill and shoveled some of the gravel that washed down there in the wheel barrow and brought it back up to the yard.

Then raked it into the ditch.
We stayed outside and played all afternoon in the nice weather.
He ate supper with us then mom and dad came after him while I did evening chores and iced cakes.

In May 1972 I was a very excited young lady. I was getting ready to graduate high school.
I had never been a lover of school so this was a very happy time in my life.
Here I am ready to leave for the ceremony. That's my room behind me with the angel on the door !!

Here I am receiving that coveted diploma  along with well wishes from our principal Phillip Croft. There was only about 65 graduates in my class so there was time for a nice comment for each of us.

My last stroll across the high school stage with diploma in hand !!!!!  I remember feeling very confident and ready to grab life by the tail. College wasn't an option for me as my family didn't have the money to send me so it was into the working world for me.
It's hard for me to believe it has been 40 years since these moments for me. My life has passed by in a flash. Each day I am forever grateful for the guidance of God in my life even when I didn't recognize He was there.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: