Sunday, May 13, 2012

MOTHER'S DAY 2012

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!
On this dreary rainy Sunday I celebrated at church receiving carnations from my kids and g-son then getting some wonderful cards and a Cracker Barrel certificate, thanks kids, I love you all !!

Mother's day is always bitter sweet for me. As all the women in my past are all passed away now.
Today I want to honor the mother's in my past ,some I have photos of and some I unfortunately don't.
This is my paternal great grandma Susan,my dad's father's mother, who must have been an awesomely strong women from the stories I've been told of her.

Here is my dad's mother's mother ,Martha Reid Wilkie with her husband the Rev. William Wilkie.

On my mother's side there are fewer photos but  my great grandmothers on that side were named Melissa Laughter (grandma's) and Sarah Bailey ( granddad's).

The next generation, my grandmother's were ,dad's mom, Martha Louise Wilkie Pryor
My mom's mother Vinnie Laughter Ruff
As I gaze into the eyes of these ladies in these photos I long to know more about them and wonder what they would think of me .
Forward to the next generation and this is my mother and me as her first born.
I am thankful to all these great ladies for which I am a part, they strong wills and gentle moldings through the generations are what made me the woman I am today.
Unfortunately I never met any of my grandmothers as they had all passed away before I was born but I have the memories of some wonderful information about them.
And even though I didn't have a great relationship with my mother, it was those trials that made me the very independent strong woman I am today and made me strive to be the very best mother I could be.
Did I obtain that goal ? I guess you would have to ask my 3 wonderful, successful children.
I am very proud of all three of my children and as they strive to be the best they can be I am behind each one 100% all the way.

Most of all I thank God for the wonderful family He gave me and hope it continues to grow and prosper through the next generations.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day.. But-like you said, it is bitter-sweet. I miss my mother so much --and even though she's been gone since 1991, I still miss her terribly.

Hugs,
Betsy