Friday, April 5, 2013

SPRING COOKOUT AT DAUGHTERS HOUSE

When g-son got here this morning all he wanted to do was go back to sleep which was fine with hubbie and I.
Hubbie was up and had the Boston Butts and chicken breast in the smoker around 8:30.
We were finished with chores and breakfast by the time g-son woke up around 9:00. He must have been very tired because even Bernie's and Dolly's barking didn't move him.
I baked cakes this morning, 6 caramel, 1 pound and 1 wine cake before lunch. Hubbie kept an eye on the smoker as well as g-son all morning.
After lunch I cleaned the sunroom and kitchen while hubbie worked outside. G-son was content to stay inside today because of the breezy day. The sun and 60 degree temps were warm if you cold find a place out of the wind. After my cleaning I did sit outside for a little while. The warm sun felt so good on my face after such a yucky cold day yesterday.
I iced the caramel cakes this afternoon and did chores early so we could go over to daughter's early to help get things set up for her cookout this evening.
The meat we smoked turned out really good and was enjoyed by all tonight.
Everyone had a wonderful time. G-son had these 3 guys to play with and they had a ball.
All the adults had a really good time eating,chatting and laughing with each other.

There were daughter's neighbors, some friends from work and church as well as all our family there tonight.
Hubbie and I left at 8:30 to come home for some late chores and for me to get things finished and ready for market tomorrow.
This has been a busy but really nice "spring break" week for me.  Now it is back to the regular grind for awhile. It's hard to believe that there is only 2 months of school left this year.
Thanking God tonight for the wonderful blessings of this day and everyday.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: