Wednesday, October 30, 2013


A busy day before Halloween and Thursday market day started early as g-son was a very excited little boy this morning. He couldn't wait to finally get to wear his Spiderman costume tonight at our trunk or treat at church.
After chores and breakfast I started baking cakes. After 12 caramel, 2 pound, a chocolate and a blackberry wine cake were all cooling I had lunch.
Tonight my van will be transformed into Noah's ark so I needed to do some finishing touches to that and I had to sew up Noah's (hubbie's) beard I had gotten the material for a couple weeks ago.
Rebekah brought little Evy over for some finishing touches on her little parrot costume. She was darling in her costume. Rebekah did a great job making this parrot outfit!
Rebekah and d-in-love will be pirates for the occasion.
I picked up g-son and he helped me get all my things loaded into the van and was jumping with his own excitement still.
After early chores we all headed up to church to set up before the kids started coming.The carnival started at 6:00 so we were there about 5:30.
Our Ark was a hit and it was good to hear several parents explaining who built the ark and why the animals were all two by two.
D-in-love and Rebekah's pirate theme was a hit also as they gave out pirate stickers along with pirate treasure candy.

There were more trunks this year than in any previous year.

 This Flintstone car was unique with Fred, Wilma, Barney and Betty.
There were all kinds of themes for the trunks this year and they all were great.This is just a few of the almost 20 trunks handing out goodies this Halloween.

More families and kids came through than ever before, probably thanks in part to the predictions of rain for tomorrow night.
Both my great nephews acted a little scared of all the costumes.
But little Evy didn't see anything that frightened her, she was just in awe of all the sights the entire evening.
My favorite gobblin of the night.  I'll let you guess who it was !!!

A bond fire and hay ride were also available.

Along with inside food and games.

Aunt T finally made it after her first day of basketball try-outs.

All in all it was a very fun night and all who came had a wonderful pre-Halloween evening and the weather was spectacular with temps in the low 70's.
We got home around 8:30 and I got started on paperwork, bill paying and cake icing.  Got in bed around 1am,whew !!!!
May all the glory of the fellowship and love shown by our church to the community tonight be for the glory of the Lord.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: