Wednesday, June 11, 2014

BERRIES ,BERRIES , BERRIES

The sun is shining this morning and the temperature is not too bad as I get g-son off to school and get home to do the chores.  After I had breakfast I took a nice walk . I noticed that barring any hail beatings we should have a bountiful berry harvest around our place. These blueberries are loaded.
The grapes have also liked our weather so far and we will have plenty for jam and juice.
But the most loaded bushes are the blackberries that I planted a couple years ago.
Everything is about at least 2 weeks behind what they would typically be this time of year but better late the never I say !!!
I baked 18 caramel cakes, 2 chocolates, 2 pound and 2 wine cakes before stopping for lunch.
The sun and  clouds are in a battle today so I found some inside work to do this afternoon. I went through my photos to get out my June decade pics before I picked up g-son.
I had to make a cake delivery at 4:00 then came back home just in time to beat the rain. The rain continued off and on all evening making doing chores a soggy duty this evening.  Hubbie and I sat outside and watched the rain fall for a little while before my cake icing had to  begin.  I iced cakes, did weekly paperwork, payed bills and finally fell into bed a little after midnight.
Hubbie is taking a day off  tomorrow to use some hours he needs to use before next week and I am glad because d-in-love called earlier and said she had to go into work earlier so g-son would be here 45 minutes earlier than usual.
I am writing this on Thursday night in case you are wondering.
Grateful to God for the strength He gives me each day.
God Bless



No comments: