Friday, June 6, 2014

"CATCH THE MONKEY" !!

Off to school on the next to last Friday of the school year.
I did chores, had breakfast, took a  walk in the muggy hot morning, came inside and fired up our AC for the first time this summer.  I can take the heat most days but when the humidity gets up with the mid to upper 80's I need the cool air to help cool the kitchen while I bake.
I baked 12 caramel, 6 chocolate and 6 pound cakes this morning before taking a late lunch while the last of the pound cakes were still in the ovens.
G-son's other g-ma called and was headed to the emergency room with her hubbie as he had cut his leg. He is diabetic so a cut leg is nothing to fool around with so she asked me to pick up g-son today.
I changed my furniture covers and some of the decorations to match the new colors in the living room before it was time to pick him up.
He got settled in with food and legos so I did more housework and a load of laundry.  His dad is working another job this evening so he has to wait until later for his mom to pick him up.
We got tired of being inside so a game of "catch the monkey" started up outside between him and pawpaw.
The goal was to throw the monkey up in the air so that the other one tried to catch it before it hit the ground.  They looked like it was fun.


I sat on the porch and watched the fun accompanied by the dogs.  Flash is doing very well after his neutering surgery and Sadie was in her favorite chair.

Annie was there also but didn't pose for a pic !!
This Escargo Begonia is growing well I can't wait for it to bloom to see what the flowers look like.
A nice relaxing beginning to this evening had to come to an early end as g-son got picked up and I had lots of cakes to ice. 
Hubbie stayed up and waited until I got done icing about 11:00 so we could get things ready to load. We need to get an early start in the morning to get a parking place since it is the market's spring Old Timey Day.
Whew!!  I'm tired and ready for bed I just hope I'm not too tired to sleep.
Grateful for the blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless





No comments: