Monday, June 30, 2014

LAST DAY OF JUNE A BUSY ONE

Early morning excitement as daughter came in just before d-in-love brought g-son. Daughter brought Tipper, her dog to spend the week with us since she is driving to Crofton, Maryland to visit her college roommate and best friend who moved there a couple years ago.
She is hitching a ride with d-in-love to the car rental place as she goes to work.
When she got there they had a very small Fiat car for her so she had to upgrade to a hyunda accent to have more room.  She is driving to Greensboro where she is meeting her friend and her soon to be husband and her 6 month old baby boy so she can travel with them back to Maryland.
When they stopped for lunch she sent me this picture, where of where they ate.
I hope the food was good !!    They arrived in Crofton about 5:45 this evening safely, thanks to God for traveling mercies.
This is Megan's baby boy, he sure is cute and looks just like her with those dark eyes.


G-son spent the morning playing with a new linking bug set daughter bought him at a yard sale last Friday.
He kept calling me to come guess what each creation was. I could usually tell what they were but one I couldn't and I had to laugh when he said he didn't know what it was either.
I did laundry today and then worked on cleaning up downstairs.  I went through my canning shelf and threw out all the old stuff.  I have been putting this off for over a year and now it is done.I got the back two rooms cleaned out, now I only like the main big room out front, maybe tomorrow !!
The sun struggled to make an appearance today and finally we got 3/10ths inch of rain late this afternoon.
Thankfully the rain stopped before 6 so it didn't interfere with Aaron and Rebekah's appointment with the vet to have their cows pregnancy checked.
All but one is pregnant but not near as far as we thought. The vet didn't come out herself, but sent an assistant so I'm wondering if her measurements might be off  by a month or so because we have not seen any of the cows back in heat since last February. It is hard for me to believe the cows all lost calves, recovered and got bred back so that they are about 1 1/2 to 2 months behind what we thought.
Rebekah is really having a bad sickness day today, bless her heart.  I kept Evy and fed her supper while they went down with the cattle.  Happy Birthday to Aaron as he gets a year older today !!
I sent him supper and 1/2 of a caramel cake for his birthday supper since Rebekah didn't feel like cooking.
When #1 son came after g-son he said he had spent the day cleaning up last evening's storm damage all around the county.
Guess we were once again one of the lucky areas.
Bernie is thankfully getting back to normal.
As this month ends I look back at all the blessings this month held and feel humbled.
G-son finished his first grade year of school and daughter wrapped up her first year of teaching at the local high school.  Daughter and #1 son went on the youth trip to Myrtle beach,SC and g-son got to tag along. He made many new friends on this trip. He also went to his first cub scout camp and learned many new things.
Daughter was in one of her friends Kindra's wedding and we made the cakes for her reception. With the first Saturday being our spring Ole Timey Day at market, Kindra's wedding, Father's Day celebrations and the opening of the summer camps and return of the "snowbirds"  my market business has picked up significantly.
The first of the month was pretty dry but we have had rain when we needed it so the garden is doing great.
Grateful to God for the blessings of this past month and looking forward to what He has in store for my family in the coming month.
Good Night and God Bless.



No comments: