Wednesday, June 18, 2014

CAKE BAKING WEDNESDAY

At least I don't have anywhere to be early this morning so I could have lounged in bed a little longer but I thought about the warmer summer mornings and all my chickens shut up in their houses so no lounging for me !!
With Tipper, daughter's dog staying with us my morning routine starts off with alternating dogs in and out of their kennels.
The chickens were glad I was on time to let them out in the lots so they could get a cool drink of water.
There is workers on the bridge construction project this morning for the first time in a long time. School is out so I look for them to close the road and get this thing finished !!
I walked in the hot sunshine this morning. I am getting my lungs and heart stronger each day as I walk for 10 minutes and run for at least a minute then repeat.  My recovery time from running up the hill in the driveway is getting shorter and shorter.  Good for me !!!
I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 7 pound cakes and an apple/walnut cake on order for tomorrow before I sat down to have lunch.
The last cakes didn't come out of the ovens until almost 3:00, whew !!!
The clouds were rolling in and for the third day in a row the thunder rolled in the distance. We didn't get any rain even close to us today.
My sore back is much better today, I haven't yelled out in pain from making turns once today.
Rebekah and Aaron got back from Ohio this afternoon. Thankful for a safe travel for them.
Also got this pic from daughter of the youth  with g-son getting in on the beach games and #1 son watching from behind.
I think this is so good for g-son to get be involved in these things at his young age, I'm glad his dad can get off work to help out so he gets to tag along.
Hubbie painted the roof of our new dog abode.  This is Flash's new home.  He needed a space of his own because he and Annie at times do not always see things the same way and it causes a ferocious fight between the two.

I spent the early evening in my office with weekly paperwork and bill paying duties.
After chores were done I iced cakes for the remainder of the evening.
It is 10:30 and I'm headed for bed, hoping to get a better night's sleep since my back pain seems to be gone tonight.
Thanking God for the traveling mercies for Aaron and Rebekah and for watching over the church youth and leaders at E-camps, also thankful for all my other blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: