Thursday, June 12, 2014

STORMY MARKET DAY

It was nice to have hubbie off today to get up with g-son as he arrived early this morning.  I got up at my regular time and was ready to load my cakes when  he got home from taking him to school.
He followed me to market and helped carry the cakes inside. It is very stormy looking this morning and the aisles of the market are totally empty today.  I poured out 7/10ths inch of rain from the gauge from last night's storms already today.
Hubbie left going to do his Sam's Club shopping today instead of Saturday.
The day was very slow for me.  I was very grateful for the large 8 caramel cake order from one of the camps that was picked up today. I also got several orders for Father's day get togethers for Saturday.
It rained hard at times while I was at market but thankfully when it was time to load the rain had slacked off.
It began again after I left Aldi and headed home.  We got unloaded in a break from the rain, then spent the rest of the afternoon watching the rains pour down here. There was a couple loud claps of thunder which sent all the dogs into a frenzy.   Annie and Sadie were pressed against the back sunroom doors.
And Bernie and Dolly had their heads buried under a blanket sitting in the chair with me.
The rains passed before chore time and left another 1 inch of rain in the gauge.  I was finishing chores when Aaron, Rebekah and Evy came up to the garden. Rebekah has had bad pregnancy sickness but looked much better today, hopefully she is getting over the worst of the sickness.
Hubbie and I had supper and then relaxed for the evening. No sitting outside tonight as all the seat are wet and I'm sure with the dampness the mosquitoes are out with vengence.
I had to laugh when daughter sent me these pics from the high school she works at of this year's senior pranks.   You know you live in the country when tractors are used to block the teachers parking lot and hay bales are used to block the doors ,haha  gotta love it !!!

A pretty harmless and non damaging prank, way to go guys !!! 

Thankful to God for the love and graciousness He shows me each and every day.
Good Night and God Bless.




1 comment:

linda m said...

Have a great weekend. Blessings