Tuesday, June 17, 2014

GOOD FOR ANOTHER 8 YEARS !!!

Got an early start today to get things done before it was time for my driver's license renewal appointment at 9:30.
When I pulled into the parking lot I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of cars there. Eight years ago there was long waiting lines everyday at this office.
I arrived at 9:20 and was walking out with a new eight year license at 9:45, wow !   This was the best experience I have ever had at this driver's license office. I only hesitated on one sign and passed the eye test without my glasses ,so I have no restrictions which is good for the days I forget (or can't find) my glasses !
I stopped by Walmart on the way home for some groceries.
After taking a late morning walk and doing my devotions I got laundry and housework started.
I slept on a heating pad last night so my sore back is some better today and I am trying to take it a bit slower to keep from aggravating it again.
After lunch I took a break out in the sunshine for a few minutes before the 87 degree humidity ran me back inside. I continued laundry and housework until my back flared up again. I got everything done except vacuuming and mopping which are not good for a sore back anyway.  I'll save those for another day.
Once again the thunder stayed in the distance and we dodged the few showers that fell around the area today which was mostly quiet today.
Unlike some folks out in Nebraska which were dealt a violent blow from two massive cat 4 tornadoes.
The entire town of Coleridge,Neb was virtually wiped out with these storms.
Even the school building which had weathered many storms before this one.
I look for our area storms to fire up as we really heat up for the rest of this week.
After supper and chores tonight I picked the rest of our peas. These last several hot days have really done a number on them and I was lucky to get this many off the quickly dying vines.
These are sugar snap peas and I wash them very good and spread them out on towels to dry some of the water off them.
Then I put them in freezer bags and into the freezer they go.  This way I can take out as many or as few as I want to cook at a time without them all being stuck together in a clump.
My first produce in the freezer for the year !!
Talked to daughter tonight, they are having fun.  G-son is having a good time and I'm sure he likes visiting in daughter's room much better than he likes staying with his dad in their room, haha , I can understand why !!

These trips are so good for him and he goes to all the training sessions with the group so he gets to hear the message of Jesus over and over which is very good for him !!!
Grateful to God for the blessings these young folks will get during this trip and very grateful for my kids rolls in exposing them to it.
Good Night and God Bless







No comments: