Wednesday, September 24, 2014

PERSIMMON SEED WINTER PREDICTION

Up and out to meet another cool morning, 48 degrees this morning, definitely jacket weather today !
After chores and breakfast I took a nice refreshing morning walk. One of my favorite things about fall is the beautiful blue sky and this morning it was in all its glory.
I baked cakes this morning, 6 caramel, 1 chocolate and 5 pound cakes before going over to the school to pick up g-son.  It is an early release day for students but his mom has to stay all day.  He got out of school at noon.
He isn't feeling well today and has a nasty sounding cough.  All he wanted to do was settle down with his mom's I-pad.

I miss the g-son that wanted to play outside and was always getting excited about all the new creations he could build with his legos. I'm hoping this electronic addiction is short lived and the old g-son comes back soon.
I have been asked by several readers about what our persimmon seeds are predicting for this winter. Today hubbie cut one open and it looks to me like it has the knife in it this year. This means an extra cold winter with wind that will "cut right through you".
This is this year's seed predictor.
This is the choices from the internet site.
This year our seed isn't as clear as it was last year.  It was clearly a spoon last year which meant lots of snow to shovel and we did have a couple big snowfalls so I am getting ready for a really cold winter this year as the seed seems to predict.
This is the snow fall predictions for the country and you can see our area is in for a rough time this winter, especially if the cold weather prediction is correct.

My food preserved shelves are packed to the brim with all the garden produce we have been blessed with this season.

While g-son was absorbed in his I-pad I sewed a couple aprons up from my stack of sewing beside my machine. I got one towel apron and one jean apron made before his dad came after him this evening.

Hubbie fixed our rototiller today with the new carberator we ordered and now it is ready for next spring. We thought we would be buying a new rototiller but on repairclinic.com we found the exact same carberator we needed for around $100, which is much cheaper than a new tiller !!!!
It has been another day like yesterday with some sunshine this morning but then clouds moving in and taking over after lunch. It is misting rain tonight and is still 60 degrees after a high of 74 today.
After chores I did weekly paperwork and payed bills before I iced the cakes I baked this morning.
Daughter's volleyball team always has a week of fund raising for the cancer society and this is the week for it this year.  All three of the coaches dressed as  super heros today at school.
They are the "Cancer Crusaders".
Thankful to God tonight for a wonder blessing filled day and for the work of these teachers, coaches and young ladies as they raise money for this worthy cause.
Good Night and God Bless.




2 comments:

linda m said...

I never heard of the persimmon seed perdition before - very interesting. Sure hope it and the other prediction are wrong. I would love to have a milder winter this year. Last winter was very brutal for us in the north part of the midwest (I live in WI). Way too much cold and snow. But whatever happens I put my faith and trust in God to see me through it. Blessings

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, We are home from several days in Texas visiting family/friends. If you haven't seen my blog post today, check it out.. We had a wonderful time--but came home very TIRED.... ha

I read also that we're supposed to have a very bad winter again this year. I'd love to have a little more snow --but I hate those minus ten degree temps..... Yipes!!!!

Hugs,
Betsy