Thursday, September 11, 2014

WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Up early to get ready for market on this muggy Thursday morning.  I'll be glad when the weather cools some next week. Maybe the humidity will go down.
I made it to market just a few minutes late and found a lady waiting in the parking lot for all the eggs I had which made a couple other ladies inside market not so happy !!
I had a pretty good day today, sold several crafts along with cakes and got a couple nice big orders for Saturday as well.
Nancy Lyda, a long time friend was running a neighboring booth today so we got to chat between customers.
After market I made a cake delivery and then ran my regular errands.  I picked up baking supplies and a few groceries then called #2 son to see if I could bring him something to eat. He said he had plenty and that he had eaten 2 sandwiches for lunch and it took him an hour and a half to get them ate with the swelling in his mouth.
 I stopped by Belks to check out their end of summer 85% off sale and found several things. I am restocked for next summer after I lost my weight and had to donate several pairs of capris.
I also had to make a stop at our insurance office to straighten out one of  the re-writes on one of our policies.
I didn't make it home until after 5:30 and hubbie helped me unload before he headed up to church to help put up the large tent for our annual Block Blast celebration coming on Saturday.
#1 son went to help also as he is feeling better from his cold that he has had this week.
I had supper and did the chores. My cleaned out garden shed is so nice now as I can get to things much easier. 
Before I got home it had came a rain shower dropping 2/10ths inch in the gauge and the dark clouds were building up again as darkness fell.  The thunder and lightening soon followed and it is still raining as I write this tonight.
Daughter called after she got back from Pisgah High tonight and said her JV team lost but the varsity won.

This is an important day in the history of our country as we remember the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11,2001 that changed this country forever.
The newly built Freedom Tower is almost complete and standing 1776 feet tall, to commemorate the year of our country's Independence from Britain, it is 50 feet taller than the twin towers that fell during the attacks. Making it the tallest skyscraper in the world.
A striking symbol of American resiliency this tower will house offices just like the twin towers had.
Praying tonight for all the families that this attack directly impacted and praying for the entire country as we strive to regain our lost confidence.
Good Night and God Bless.


1 comment:

linda m said...

Glad to hear #2 son is at least able to eat something. Poor bay, I do feel so bad for him. I had the same swelling when I had oral surgery years ago and it isn't any fun. Have a great weekend. Blessings