Saturday, October 24, 2015

1995 OCTOBER MEMORIES

Up and off to market on a cloudy cool morning.
Market was good this morning but business tapered off quickly and all us sellers were left looking at one another and wondering what  happened ???
That's the way business in here is some days, there is no explanation for how the days go sometimes !
I am thankful for what I did sell and I still have two more days in this month to make a good showing for October.  I was really worried when a customer who had ordered 5 caramel cakes didn't show up until 5 minutes before closing time, loosing that sale would have really put a hole in my day !
I am very thankful for all the things I did sell today.
After market I only had one stop to make and that was at Aldi to pick up a few baking supplies and a turkey beast for next week's lunches.
Hubbie was mowing some of the lawn that he didn't get to last week . We got things unloaded and took a nice break . It is really cool, only 59 degrees under completely cloudy skies so it felt good to snuggle with my 4-legged kids for a little while and they were more than happy to oblige.
After chores and supper I worked on my blog book. I discovered that I could get more months loaded on my laptop than desktop. I guess there must be some compatability problems with the old Windows-7 and the Booksmart downloads. My laptop is loaded with Windows-8. I am thinking about putting Windows-10 on my desktop but am afraid I will screw something up with my vast (not) knowledge of the internet world !!!
On the news tonight they talked of a historical event that happened in the Pacific as a catagory 5 hurricane or cyclone as they are called in the western hemisphere, hit the coast of Mexico with winds of 200 mph. This is the strongest cyclone to ever make landfall in the western hemisphere.
Fortunately there wasn't as significant impact as previously thought but it is still a very strong storm system and will eventually even push rain into our area as it drags moisture from the gulf.
To continue with the October decade series , here is my three kids school pictures from October 1995.
#1 son was in 8th grade.
#2 son was in 7th grade.
And daughter was finishing up elementary school in 5th grade.
In those years every 5th grade class at all the schools had several days of "outdoor ed". A local summer camp hosted the kids and hubbie or I tried to go along to help out on several of the days with each child. It was hubbie's turn in this photo as he has lunch with daughter ( purple shirt) and her friends.
Thankful for the blessings of today and looking forward to worshiping my awesome Savior tomorrow with my family.
Good Night and God Bless.





No comments: