Wednesday, October 7, 2015

PICKENS FLEA MARKET TRIP

Not many mornings am I up to see the sunrise !!

Today, hubbie took off work and we are headed south to the Pickens Flea Market. D-in-love has a couple weeks of maternity leave left and she wanted to get a trip down there in before she went back to work. Re and the kids are going also. We drove 2 vehicles , I drove my Pilot and d-in-love and g-daughter rode with me, Re drove her Expedition and hubbie rode with her and her kids.
We left after d-in-love took g-son to school.  We made it down there about 9:30, the place was already packed and the temperature was rising quickly in the bright sunshine. They had rain down here the last couple Wednesdays so every table was in use today.


We shopped at some of our favorite places and bought coffee pods, honey and Re found plenty of good reasonably priced clothes for her kids. D-in-love found a pressure cooker like mine for $20 which was a good deal and hubbie bought a new pair of Merrell work shoes for a great deal. I bought mostly food, sweet potatoes from the folks I usually get my winter supply from, honey from a bee keeper at Anderson,SC, muscadine grapes,tomatoes,sugar pears and bread for the freezer. I bought a new floor cleaning mop from a demo a guy was doing and a set of new bed sheets.
We had enough stuff to pretty well fill both vehicle backs. This is today's crew plus hubbie who was the photographer.


All the kids did great today and we stopped at Arbys on the way home and had lunch.
Hubbie and I got things unloaded while d-in-love went to pick up g-son from school.
He came up to stay here while his mom and Re went to a kids consignment sale that my niece holds twice a year in town.
G-son was having fun out in this perfect evening weather.


Hubbie had been working unloading the wood from his wood box so g-son found a chair and wanted a ride !!!


It was a very nice evening to be outside and we made the best of it all.
After #1 son picked up g-son and the chores were done we headed inside for supper of fresh greens from the garden, yum .
I did paperwork for the week and also for the month of September so I could pay my quarterly taxes.
September was an off month for my business but it was partly because we didn't get to have our Fall Old Timey day which always generates quite a bit of business for me.
I finished out this busy day icing cakes for tomorrow's market day.
Grateful to God for safe travel today and many wonderful blessings along the way.
Good Night and God Bless


No comments: