Saturday, November 14, 2015

FIRST FAMILY HOLIDAY GATHERING

Off to market on this cold, 36 degree Saturday morning. Today was a pretty busy day and I almost sold out of what I had. I did sell out of caramel cakes but didn't have anyone come in after one when they were all gone.  I am very thankful for the busy day. I also took several orders for Thanksgiving, one a large 12 cake order.
After market I stopped by Aldi and then came home to spend the afternoon cooking for hubbie's family Thanksgiving.
I put a smoked turkey in the oven at 3:00, then made a 7-layer salad and deviled the dozen eggs hubbie had already boiled for me.
We did chores early and then headed over to the GE employee associations gym and kitchen .
The kids really enjoyed playing in the gym and the adults enjoyed the meal and fellowship with extended family members that we don't get to see very often.
I am kicking myself tonight because I did not take even one photo tonight !!???
What is wrong with me ????
Oh well there is always our Christmas gathering for pics next month.
#1 son's family and daughter and Josh made it to the gathering. #2 son called and said he was sick with a really bad cold and didn't want to spread it around.
Hubbie and I stopped by Ingles on the way home for some "on sale" eggs and made it home at 9:00.
We relaxed for the evening after getting the dogs inside for the coldest night of the season so far.
If we would have been home tonight we would have had our first wood stove fire but since we haven't been here we will wait for another cold night.
D-in-love sent me this pic this morning of my #1 son and his kids. Love it !!!!
Thankful tonight for the family God chose for me .
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: