Monday, November 27, 2017

BACK TO ROUTINE AND 1987 MEMORIES

Back to the routine early this Monday morning as we greeted both g-daughters .
I did chores while hubbie fed RL her breakfast .
I took RL to preschool and was pleasantly surprised when she shouted "school day yay" when the church came into view as I was worried she might not want to go back to school after being at home for a week.
I came home and had my breakfast then got IR her cereal which she has just started eating.
She is a good eater already.

I spent the morning doing laundry and getting all the Fall decorations took down and put away .
We left a little early to pick up RL and went by Highland Park to walk. I'm hoping to get the soreness out of my knees by taking time to walk everyday like I always have until these past couple months of sickness and busy baking.
It is a beautiful morning with temps pushing 60 and sunny. IR loved the ride around the walking trail. We only had about 20 minutes to walk today but it was enough to let me know that I definitely need to be back doing this.
After we picked up RL we came home with 2 sleeping girls who napped during our lunch then IR woke up and ate her lunch. She is getting independent and wanting to feed herself.
Her and hubbie took another nap together while I got out the Christmas furniture covers and bed clothes and did more laundry.
After both girls woke from naps they played together until their mom's came after them.
After they left we did chores and then watched the news.
There is historically low snow cover at the end of this November.
I need to get decade pics on here even if it makes for a long post since this month is quickly coming to an end.
Back in November of 1987 we made our annual trip to Cades Cove , Tennessee with the kids.
Daughter was 2 years old.
# 1 son was 6 and #2 son was 4 years old and full of their selves !!

We loved exploring the old cabins and barns in the beautiful valley .

That year in November we also went to the Food Show in Asheville. I remember we went each year to this show and came away with bags full of samples and products from various vendors.
There was also things to see such as race cars which entertained the boys.
And that year Marie Osmond gave a performance at the show.
It was busy but fun with three little ones back then but each time I look back at these pictures I am very thankful that we took the time to make these memories with the kids.
Thankful for the blessings of this day as well as humbly thankful for the memories from long ago with my kids.
God Bless and Good Night










1 comment:

linda m said...

I know what you mean about getting back to "exercising" after being under the weather. I really need to do this myself. Blessings