Wednesday, November 15, 2017

BUSY HOLIDAY BAKING BEGINS

Up to greet both g-daughters hoping this will be a better day for both of them.
IR looks much better with her Pink Eye today and isn't coughing hardly at all.

RL is still clingy and doesn't have any appetite this morning. Her mom has the cough and sinus problems that we've had and I don't think RL is sleeping good with her mom coughing at night.
I did the chores and took RL to pre-school where she perked up and seemed happy to be there.
I stopped back by the vet's office to pick up some medicine for Bernie and check to see if the change in ordering his meds went through. We are going to get all his pills through the mail from a place called Valley Vet which does a lot of business with out vets office and can sell the pills at less than half the price we are paying now if things work out.
When I got home IR was ready to have her first bottle.
She settled down and went right to sleep after she ate and slept pretty much all morning. Her little body is wearing out fighting her sickness.
Hubbie went out to gather in kindling and firewood for this weekend's colder temps and I baked cakes. I baked 12 caramel, 3 chocolate, 4 pound , 2 blackberry wine and 1 pan of brownies. This holiday baking already brought out the back brace today.
This is a posture brace and does help with the pain I get from all the mixing and lifting.
I finished baking about 1:30 and we had a late lunch then IR had her afternoon bottle and wanted to play awhile. She acts like she feels so much better this afternoon and is back to her smiley , talkative self.
Daughter came after IR and while we were talking we heard a big boom that rattled the windows in the house.
On the news later we discovered than an explosion at a nearby plant had caused the boom. It is a miracle no one got hurt in this explosion and fire.

We did chores and I did weekly paperwork and paid bills then finished the evening icing cakes until about 11:30, yep it's the holidays !!!!
Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength God gives me each day to get the things I need to do done.
God Bless and Good Night





No comments: