Friday, November 17, 2017

BUSY BAKING FRIDAY

As I dragged myself out of the nice warm comfortable bed this morning the thought crossed my mind as it always does when my busy holiday baking season begins that how it would feel like to not have a busy business to run around this time of year and what it would be like to just enjoy the season. Then I immediately felt guilty for even having this thought as I am so grateful for the blessings of good business that God allows me to have.
As I greeted the grand girls and got the chores done I felt a more grateful attitude sweeping my mind as I got the day started . And this beautiful view of the sunrise over a nicely groomed lawn made me smile humbly and thankfully.
I took RL to preschool and came straight back home to get started on the busy day. I had a big eggs,bacon and grits breakfast to give me the energy I need this morning.
I iced the 6 caramel cakes that I made Wednesday to get them out of the playroom before RL comes in from preschool. I gathered all the baking supplies for the day between getting IR fed and changed a couple times during the morning.
Hubbie and IR rode with me to pick up RL so IR would get a nap and we wanted to check out the fresh vegetable market for things for Sunday lunch.
The market had very little so we came home and with both girls napping we had our lunch then I started baking. I baked 12 caramel and 5 pound cakes . I needed another pound cake but ran out of flour.
During my baking frenzy this afternoon g-daughter RL insisted on helping. She loves to watch the mixer and help me count the eggs as I break them out of their shells.
She loves to act silly and entertain her little cousin IR.

Ahhhhh  !!!!  These two are going to be soooo fun !!!

                                                                
And did I mention RL also loves to lick the caramel icing off the spatula.

Just like her brother did when he was her age !!
This afternoon was hopefully the last gutter clean out hubbie will need to do this season. This scares me to death when he gets neat the edge of the roof especially on the 2 story end of our house.
After the girls were picked up hubbie and I did chores and then I took a rest break off my feet while I watched the evening news.
I spent the rest of the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
I made it to bed just before midnight but thankfully we get an extra hour of sleep in the morning.
Thankful for a gracious Savior who forgives and loves us even in our weakest hours. Thankful for the blessings of this day and so so thankful for the health I have been blessed with.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: