Thursday, November 23, 2017

HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2017

Slept in a little this morning until I remembered I had a cake delivery at 9:30. I always meet a lady from Charleston on this morning to deliver 14 caramel cakes. This is the last time she is here in her summer house until after Christmas and she uses my cakes as gifts.
After I got back I did chores late and then had breakfast. With nothing pressing to get done this morning hubbie and I worked on odd jobs all morning.
After a very light lunch we took a walk around the bottom pasture. The waters of Clear Creek were so clear today as the sun glinted off the ripples.


The bare trees and dull colors surely mean winter is just around the corner.

These days Flash is my only walking partner.  He is so handsome !!

When we got back to the house I put the turkey in the oven and started cooking. I made a 7-layer salad, deviled eggs, sweet potato casserole, dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans and Candy Roaster pies.
Daughter came in while I did evening chores and made corn pudding and hash brown casserole.
We had a wonderful evening and everyone enjoyed all the food and fellowship with family.

The kids played well together.

And IR enjoyed her first Thanksgiving !!! 
And I sure do love this little turkey !!!
After everyone left hubbie and I cleaned up and then went to bed early as we are both very tired after the busy day .
Thankful tonight first for my Lord and Savior that blesses me richly everyday and very thankful for the family He choose for me.
I pray that everyone's Thanksgiving day was as wonderful as you dreamed it would be.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: