Tuesday, November 21, 2017

TUESDAY MARKET DAY AND 1967 BASKETBALL BEGINNING

Up to greet g-daughter IR this morning . Thankfully my knees and hips are not as sore as they felt like they might be last night.
I did chores and got things all ready for market. Getting only the 3 of us ready was much easier than the 4 we usually get ready for weekday market days.
RL is still feeling bad so her other g-ma is keeping her at home again today.
We made it to market on time and only found a couple customers waiting for their orders.
We had a busy early morning but then business slacked off and stayed that way . Thankful for all the orders I had because I really didn't sell that much off the table. Some of the vegetable vendors were really disappointed as last year they sold out of pumpkins and gourds for table decorations and pies but this year there were plenty of pumpkins and everything else left.
Hubbie stayed all day and helped take care of IR who is always a very good market baby and all the customers just love her chatter and smiles.

She is a big 5 months old today !!!

After market IR and I stopped by the bank and PO on our way home. We took the back roads to avoid the reportedly over crowded main highways around town.
Hubbie did the same thing as he made a stop at the dump with our trash and to pick up a gasoline supply for our generator.
We got home about the same time and had time to relax before daughter came after IR.
She was going out to the basketball game to watch the girls play but I didn't feel up to that tonight.
IR thought it was a boring game !!!!!

Hubbie went out to work on his firewood stock and I rested to watch the news. Didn't get to rest long as d-in-love called and said g-son was home alone and there was cars in his driveway and he could hear people talking. As I started to walk down there I could see cars slowing on the road and could hear banging.
By the time I got to where I could see the road all the cars were gone and g-son met me at the gate to their yard and said he thought the people were at his dad's shed  down next to the road. But when we walked down there nothing was out of place and the lock was still secure.
I think someone lost something out of the back of their truck and they were picking it up and tossing it back in because of the banging I heard and the debri along side of the road.
G-son wanted to come home with me so we locked his house up and came up here.
He came inside and I did chores.
We all ate supper and then he and hubbie played some games on his chromebook.

Hubbie built another fire downstairs tonight to warm the house up before we get into bed. The nights are in the 30's but for some reason it feels really cold to us.
#1 son came after some hot tea this evening seems he is now taking his turn with a sore throat and feeling bad.
Back in November of 1967 my high school basketball career began. Earlier in my 7th grade year of school I had tried out for the cheerleading team and failed to make the team.
So when  basketball try outs came up I decided to try out for that team and made it without hardly even trying. I didn't put a lot of effort into the tryouts mainly because the sting was still there from not making the cheerleading team and I didn't want to get disappointed again.
I remember I was very happy to get that first school uniform and practiced at home in the uniform .

At that time my mom and dad raised German Shepherd puppies to sell for extra money.
They gave me a puppy and I named her Princess. She is sleeping in bad with me in this picture. 
She stayed outside during the day and I remember one time she wandered off and I looked and looked and looked for her and finally found her up on Huckleberry Mountain in someone else's house who  had found her wandering on the side of the road. I don't remember how I found out where she was but do remember how happy I was to have her back.
Thankful for the memories of the past and for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




1 comment:

linda m said...

G-son sure is lucky he has his grandparents living so close. He must have really been scared. Glad it turned out to be nothing serious. Blessings