Saturday, June 8, 2019

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIF

Market Saturday started off cloudy, cool and no rain yet.  I got chores done and we left for market on time. Hubbie went by daughter's to pick up her sour dough bread for sale.
Market was pretty busy this morning and there were lots of folks buying fresh produce and things today. We have a new vendor who sells fresh pork from his farm as well as produce. I bought hubbie and I a package of pork chops to try and also loaded up on fresh vegetables from several of the vendors. I bought beets, lettuce, corn, squash, cucumbers, potatoes and even a big nice cantaloupe .
Hubbie left about noon to get home and get a couple things done while it isn't raining and check on #1 son who got hit in the eye earlier this morning.
By later this afternoon most of the swelling had went down.
He was working on some steps from his deck and a piece of wood flew up and hit the corner of his eye. Glad he is okay !!
I sold good today and was very thankful for all I did sell.
The rain held off until closing time and I loaded in a steady downpour.
As I got closer to home the rain got less and less and by the time I stopped at daughter's house to drop off some things she wanted from market the rain had stopped. Son-in-love was outside getting some of the flowers planted that they have been waiting for a rain to get planted.
I came home to unload and with hubbie's help got everything put away before the rain started here.
It rained hard for over an hour today with wind and distant thunder and lightening.
Hubbie and I both rested and watched some nature shows on TV.
Thankfully the rain slacked about supper time and we grilled the pork chops and had grilled squash and pressure cooked beets along with the sautéed beet greens with them. The pork chops were delicious with only salt and pepper on them.
We ate and then got outside to get chores done while there was a break in the rain.
I had to take shelter in the feed shed while one of the more heavy showers passed but then finished in only a sprinkle of rain.
There was another .75 inch in the gauge again this evening and the heaviest rains are expected overnight.
Hubbie and I both relaxed for the evening.
Today is a special day in our family as #2 son's fiancée Tif gets a year older. Happy birthday Tif !!!!

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying continuously for little CA.
God Bless and Good Night

No comments: