Wednesday, June 12, 2019

NOT THE NEWS WE WANTED

Up to greet a beautiful sunny cool day this morning. Hubbie took g-son to school this morning and I got chores done. We had breakfast then I got my ironing done and got ready to go with daughter to take CA to the doctor.  IR stayed with hubbie while we were gone.
We are still waiting on some good news on CA as this doctor appointment provided none. She has lost more weight so daughter has to pump and give her a bottle for the next 24 hours so the doctor can tell how to fortify her feeding.  CA is still really yellow with the Jaundice and this is making her sleep more and not eat and eating and gaining weight is the only way she can get over the Jaundice so it is a battle.

On the plus side of this doctor visit CA's breathing seems to have calmed down and the doctor didn't even count her respirations today. Also a big relief was that they checked her liver ensigns to make sure the yellow color wasn't a liver issue and it was only Jaundice so we are thankful for that news.
A new foot stick and blood draw left the huge bandage on her little foot.
And I am happy that she hasn't lost more than 2 ounces from the last visit here where she weighed 6lbs 6 oz and at the cardiologist last Wednesday she weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and today she weighed in at 6 lbs 4 oz so at least she is holding on to that weight.
We came home and I gave her a bottle but she only drank 1.3 ounces before I left for an insurance meeting.
After my meeting I stopped by a fruit stand and got some fresh corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and cantaloupe on my way home. I also picked up some candied low sugar ginger at the co-op that I love to eat in the evening to help my digestion.
When I got here daughter was giving CA another bottle while IR and Pawpaw played outside.
G-son came to stay here while d-in-love drove to Rutherfordton to her mom's to pick up RL.
He has never liked to ride long distances.
Hubbie mowed the lawn while I played with IR and daughter finally got another 1.5 ounces of milk in CA.  I think we have definitely found the problem as she just can't stay awake long enough to drink enough milk.
After daughter took the girls home hubbie and g-son loaded her lawn mower and some other things she needed in hubbie's pick-up and followed her home.
G-son went home when they got back and hubbie and I did chores. After chores I did some clearing out of some wild vines that are trying to take over a couple flower beds . It was almost dark by the time I got all the clippings cleaned up. Hubbie ran the weed eater and he also didn't get inside until almost dark.
The nice cooler temps are really nice for outside work right now.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and continuing to pray for little CA that she can turn her recovery around and get better quickly.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

CA is in my daily prayers for her recovery and that she gets better real soon.