Saturday, February 27, 2021

BEAUTIFUL WORK DAY SATURDAY

 Up to a cloudy morning today but the weather folks say we will have sunshine by noon today. I got chores done and then changed out all the furniture covers and decor from the "red " of Valentine February to the green of "St, Patricks" March. I got everything done and cleaned up but the curtains in the living room. Those will get changed in the next day or so.   #1 son was working in the bottom pastures to ditch our farm pond out and try to lower the water level in the pastures by giving the water a place to drain . He cleaned the ditch that runs from the pond to the creek out and water poured into it and lowered the pond level quickly.




RL was getting driving lessons around the pasture.

Son also did some work on our driveway and pushed a dead apple tree down on the outside of the upper pasture to make room for a 4-wheeler shed to park in.  While he worked on that I pruned our blueberry bushes and cleaned all the dead canes out of the blackberry patch. I felt like I put in a full days work by the time I got all that finished.  
D-in-love picked up IR to come play with RL today and she had a ball riding on the 4-wheeler and all the other things they got to do including a nice soak in the hot tub.





The girls even got to help son load the track hoe back on the trailer.

We are all so thankful for the very nice weather today with temperatures reaching 70 degrees and mostly sunshine so that I even got my first sunburned neck from my outside work.  It has been a very productive day also which is always good.  February is always the month I try to get my pruning done so getting the berries all pruned right here at the end of the month was good. Hubbie managed to get all the grape vines pruned earlier in the month and our pear trees so we should be all set now with out fruit.
It is hard to believe there is only one more day in February this year . February is also always my "tax" month but with the delays in deadlines from the government I haven't got any taxes done so far.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night




No comments: