Wednesday, February 17, 2021

ICE STORM PREPARATION

 Up to a cloudy morning today with all three grand girls here. I got chores done and then we had breakfast before we all loaded up in hubbie's truck and headed out to do our weekly errands. We made stops at the PO, the dump / recycle center / met an egg customer and then picked up lunches on the way home. CA of course was napping so the big girls had lunch with hubbie and I.  Then they were good to play quietly and let CA get a good nap in.  The sun finally came out for a little while this afternoon although the temperature never got above 40. The girls played and hubbie and I entertained them and waited on them for the afternoon.  After they left hubbie and I went outside to do some ice storm preparation and get the regular chores done. We moved Rocky the dog down to Rosie's lot next to the house after we put Rosie in her crate in the basement. I put out extra feed in all the chicken houses in case I am late getting to them in the morning. The ice storm is supposed to over by mid morning hopefully so I am going to wait it out probably since my chicken houses have some trees over them. We are in the direct line of the most ice in any area of the storm  by all three of our local weather guys. 



We are under a winter storm warning and our county is under a "state of emergency" so schools are already closed and everyone is being advised to stay home.


At least the sky is surprisingly clear as I came inside tonight but the clouds are starting to rise above the horizon.
I can definitely relate to a post I saw today on instagram that said " I am surely getting tired of being part of historical events" . As this storm has roared across the southern states I know there are many folks who feel the same way. I pray for all the animals and people that have suffered and are still suffering through this historic storm and I pray that we are spared any tragic events during our turn with this crazy bad weather.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying that God's protective arms will be around us, our family and our animals throughout this night and day tomorrow.
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying that you all are safe. May God keep you in His sheltering arms.