Tuesday, February 23, 2021

COUNTING MY BLESSINGS TODAY

 Up to greet IR and CA this morning on another sunny low 30's morning.  I got chores done and then we had breakfast.  The girls played the morning away with dolls, castle and books.

Unbelievably RL got registered for kindergarten today, it is hard to believe she will be in school this Fall. 
We picked up our Aldi curbside grocery order and then picked lunches up on the way home. CA took a good nap while the rest of us ate lunch.  After she woke up we went outside for awhile but the wind was a little chilly so we didn't stay outside long.  CA was finally ready for her lunch when we came back inside.
After the girls left hubbie and I watched the early news then got chores done.  I did my walking this evening and then we sat out in the covered patio for a while since the wind has completely died this evening. 
We had a light supper of roasted brussel sprouts and radishes and then I got a bad surprise.  Each night I have gotten into the habit of checking all our credit card and bank activity .  On one of our credit cards I had noticed a random $1 charge to Walmart dated this past Saturday. I thought it was very strange but just figured it was a mistake and since it was pending I would wait to see if it went away.  Well tonight there was another charge to Walmart dated today for $12.95 .  I called Walmart to see what the charge was for and they said someone had purchased a Walmart plus membership today at a monthly charge of $12.95.    I told her it was not me and she removed the charge , she couldn't see what the $1 charge was for but suggested I call my card company immediately and cancel the card.  
When I called the bank where the card is from and talked to the fraud department he said this is common protocol for card number theft. The charges start out very small and gradually increase as they assume you are not watching your account. Since the month just started they would have had a long time to charge against my card before I would have gotten the bill and noticed the extra charges.   Just a warning for all my friends who read this post . Better start watching your accounts because they told me this is happening a lot right now.  Just so so thankful I was watching !!!!
What a world we are living in right now with so much dishonesty.
I am very thankful for the blessings of this day and am determined to dwell on the blessings rather than the wrongs right now.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

I can't believe all the dishonesty out there. My bank always asks me, when I go in every other week, if all is okay. So glad you caught it right away . Blessings