Thursday, February 11, 2021

RAINY THURSDAY

 A dreary morning to start this day.

I watched cartoons with IR and CA while hubbie picked up g-son and took him to school. When he got back I went out to get chores done.  I uncovered the raised vegetable beds and cleaned out the lettuces because they were spent and the chickens loved to have a green snack this morning. In the other bed the Chard, Boc Choi , carrots, kale and spinach are still looking good. I will get hubbie to help me uncover the broccoli this evening so it can get a drink and we can cut some of the heads that are ready.  I came inside and had breakfast with the girls. We spent the morning playing and watching it rain. I went alone today to pick up lunch because CA was already down for her nap.  

IR , hubbie and I ate lunch while CA napped and then I did some old tax paper shredding while IR rested with hubbie waiting for CA to wake up.    CA woke up still feeling pretty ill tempered like she has been all day. We wonder if she is cutting more back teeth.  After daughter picked them up hubbie and I watched the early news then went outside to get chores done early before the heavy rains get here.  We gathered more broccoli which is great that it has lasted this long and more heads are coming on.  After we cut the main head off the stalks little heads start forming on the old stems so we have fresh broccoli continuously.   Hubbie also gathered collards for our supper to go with the "Panda" beans I grew and dried from our summer garden that I had in the pressure pot.  We came inside and had our supper and then I did my exercise and relaxed for the evening. There was almost .4 inch of rain in the gauge from todays rainfall.

Thankful for the blessings of this day.

God Bless and Good Night