Tuesday, February 9, 2021

FRACTURED LEG FOR WINNIE THE DOG

 Up to greet IR and CA this morning. I got chores done and then had breakfast together. I loaded all the January furniture covers , bed spreads and throw rugs into the Honda and headed out to the laundry. I got the washers started then ran out the road to Staples to pick up some printer ink while they washed. By the time I returned to the laundry I didn't have to wait long for the washers to finish. I brought all the laundry home and hung it out to dry on this beautiful sunny warm day. The sky is so blue today it looks like and feels like an early Fall day.

After we had lunch the girls settled into to play for the afternoon. When CA went down for a nap  IR and I even got a little outside play time on this beautiful afternoon.  After they left hubbie and I got chores done. I caught the sunset just as the sun disappeared from a clear sky this evening.

As hubbie and I settled in for the evening daughter sent me this picture of IR and her new puppy Winnie snuggling.

After I received this picture it was literally just minutes until daughter called me saying they were bringing the girls over here while they took Winnie to the after hours emergency vet in town. Seems she was playing with the bigger dogs and had landed on her back leg awkwardly and now wouldn't put any weight on it and seemed to be in pain.  The girls arrived about 8:30 and both of them soon were sound asleep.

We thought about just putting them to bed but thought it probably wouldn't take that long at the vet. Three hours later they had discovered Winnie had a fractured leg and had to be in a splint for 6-8 weeks. 

They picked the sleeping girls up and headed home with lots of pain medicine for Winnie.  Hubbie and I headed to bed.

Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying little Winnie can handle this injure well.

God Bless and Good Night





No comments: