Tuesday, February 2, 2021

WINDY GROUND HOG DAY 2021

 

Happy ground hog day 2021 and our local Greta saw her shadow to tell us we have 6 more weeks of winter !!!!      And the way our overnight and morning looked we certainly are having winter weather today. After a restless night listening to the wind roar and wondering what kind of damage we would wake up to we woke to snow flakes flying around in the 21 degree temperature that felt like single digits and the sun was waging a battle with the clouds at the horizon.

Thankfully we were just peppered all around with small limbs so far but as the wind continues to sway the trees we are nervous that the roots are going to loosen up and let the trees fall.   I got chores done saying a prayer the entire time as I walked under power lines and swaying pine trees that the Lord would keep me safe and thankfully He did.  Back inside I had breakfast with IR and CA.     RL is at the dentist this morning to be put to sleep and have some teeth capped and filled.   This is a picture of her waiting to be called back. 

And this is a picture after the work was done.  To say the least she was not a fan !!!!!
It took her a while to get the sleep meds to wear off and then she was fine and came up to pay IR a quick visit later in the afternoon.

IR really misses RL when she isn't here and IR was worried today because she remembers going to the dentist and she isn't a fan either so she asked about RL many times this morning as she followed me around .
Funny thing I had placed a Sam's Club curbside pickup order last night form tomorrow afternoon because there weren't any slots for today and they text me this afternoon and said it was ready almost 24 hours early so I ran out there and picked it up praying the entire time nothing would blow down on my Honda as I drove.
The wind blew hard all day but thankfully settled down this evening while we got chores done .  After a short time the winds picked back up and I actually think it is blowing harder tonight than last night.       
We worry about this huge Oak tree that is leaning toward our house. We called and met with a tree cutter the first of November and he said he would come and take the tree down in 3 weeks. I called him back the first of December and he said he would be here as he had gotten behind because of the weather and we still haven't seen him.   I will call more tree folks next week to see if we can get the tree taken down hopefully before it gets leaves on it.  It is a huge tree so the base isn't moving at all in the high winds but you never know when it might turn loose so we worry and pray each time the wind blows.
I did my skiing exercise tonight and I ca already feel my muscles in my legs getting stronger.     
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying again tonight for the protective arms of our Savior and Lord during these high winds.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

Our groundhog didn't see his shadow so that means an early Spring. The way our weather is going who knows.