Saturday, February 6, 2021

PREPARING FOR THE SNOW

 Saturday broke beautiful and sunny but pretty cool in the mid 20's. I got chores done and then had a nice leisurely breakfast. I spent the morning getting some house cleaning done while hubbie gathered wood and got ready for the impending snow storm.   Our day was pretty boring around here. The only time I left here and my cleaning was to take daughter a bottle of Tylenol for a migraine she has been fighting all day. We got evening chores done in already light snow. I gave all the animals a little extra tonight in case tomorrow morning is so snowy I feed late.   We came inside and had pork chops in the instant pot and broccoli salad for supper. I love being able to put solidly frozen pork chops in the instant pot and cook them perfectly in 30 minutes.  We listened to the newest weather predictions and we are under a winter storm warning .

By 9:00 when hubbie went out to get Rosie in the basement the snow was coming down heavy.
We watched the UNC / Duke basketball game which UNC won and then  watched the outside become transformed into a white winter wonderland before we headed to bed. The heavy wet snow coated everything.



I love a fresh fallen snow and the quiet and calm it seems to bring to a busy world evening at night it gives a feeling of complete serenity and awe in the wonders of our Heavenly Father.
Thankful for the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night.


No comments: