Saturday, February 13, 2021

RAINY SATURDAY

 Well I had an interesting night last night. I evidently pulled a muscle deep in my shoulder under my left shoulder blade and it just so happens I also got a bad case of heart burn. At least that's what I though although the pain under my shoulder blade could have radiated to my left chest. I usually sleep on my left side unfortunately so that wasn't happening and when I layed down on my back the pain only got worse. I tried a heating pad and an ice pack but neither knocked the pain down enough for me to stay asleep. So needless to say I haven't slept much at all and my fit bit didn't even register sleep there was so little.  I got out to get chores done thankful for a rainy dreary day that would be good for sleep catch up.  Back inside I had a very light breakfast of tea and crackers thinking I surely didn't want my heart burn back.  Daughter called and said they needed to take Winnie the dog back to the vet to have her splint rewrapped so they dropped the girls here.  We watched the girls play in the living room while I sat with a heating pad on my shoulder.  CA is always a busy little girl always doing something and today she was in her little apron and carrying things like these glasses around in a purse.


After the girls were picked up I made a cake delivery and then came home to rice for lunch. The cold rain in the 35 degree temperature was enough to make anyone need a nap much less me who didn't sleep any last night so at the risk of ruining tonight's sleep I took about an hour nap.  Waking up with a slight head ache I was instantly sorry that I had taken it but I did feel clearer headed.  
I went out in the cold fresh air to clear my head and get chores done.   There is so much mud in the chicken lots I am slipping around everywhere and trying to not reinjure  my shoulder was hard .       When we got back inside I decided to dip the strawberries I had for lunch tomorrow. RL called and wanted to come up for awhile so she enjoyed helping get the chocolate on the berries.

We got them all dipped just in time for her dad to pick her up on his way home from a friends house.  I spent the rest of evening on my heating massage pad which made my shoulder feel much better. Hopefully I can sleep tonight although I still won't be able to sleep on my side.
Thankful for all the blessings of this day.
God Bless and Good Night


No comments: