Tuesday, February 16, 2021

FINALLY SOME SHORT LIVED SUNSHINE

 Up to at least just clouds and no rain falling this morning. IR and CA are here this morning. I got out and got chores done. It must have rained pretty hard overnight because there was 1" in the gauge this morning and the mud was more settled and not as slick to walk through this morning. We are hoping for a few hours of sunshine this afternoon to further help dry the mud.  I came back inside and we all had a quick breakfast. I had a Sam's order to pick up by 10:00 and the girls didn't want to ride so I went alone and picked the order up. I really hope that these stores don't ever stop offering this service because it is so nice not to have to shop in a store. I came home and got things put away then we got the girls ready and went to meet an egg customer and to Sav Mor to pick up mostly cat food which we were out of and a couple other things that Sam's didn't have.  We picked up lunches on the way home and CA was taking a good nap .  Hubbie, IR and I ate lunch then CA woke up and had her lunch.  My shoulder is painful again today so I spent some time on the heating pad while the girls played around in the living room.  After the girls left hubbie and I watched the early news with no threat of rain this evening and finally some sun shine we didn't have to hurry to get to chores today.  Our weather is going to turn dicey again so we are trying to get things ready in case we have an ice storm and loose power for a lengthy time.  There is already a lot of power outages across the country from this storm.

And almost 80% of the country is under snow right now.

As I came inside from chores tonight I snapped this photo wondering how long it will be until I see the sun setting and the moon shining above in a clear sky.

Ice accumulations of almost 1/2 inch will be devastating around here so we pray these predictions are wrong.
I have a feeling we are going to get our turn with the challenging weather for the next couple days.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for all the folks that have already been affected by this weather and praying for God's protective arms for us the next couple days.
God Bless and Good Night



1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying you don't get hit as hard as some folks have. Stay safe.