Sunday, June 13, 2010


Slept in this morning as I am just about worn out and hubbie went to the hospital early this morning to relieve d-in-love. I feel guilty about not going to church but I feel I need some extra rest and prayerfully ask for God's understanding.
The news is not good from the hospital this morning, they are taking son back into surgery to do the fasiotomy (splitting of his calf) they talked about yesterday. He is still in a lot of pain and the swelling is not going down. If they don' t relieve the swelling it will damage the muscles going to his foot.
I fixed lunch for #2 son and daughter after she taught her Sunday School class she went and picked up a rotisserie chicken from Ingles. I made a peach cobbler for dessert with some of my fresh peaches.
After lunch I went to the hospital to relieve hubbie,son was just getting back from surgery and he didn't look so good. He was groggy and still had a lot of pain in his foot.The doctor said this surgery was just in time to prevent muscle damage. He said there were no blood clots and this should take care of the swelling and since it wasn't under intense pressure they should be able to stitch it up at the end of the week.I pray that this will be the case.There was already a pool of blood seeping through the ace bandage,so it is definitely draining.Here is a web photo of the procedure, only his cuts are more toward the back of his leg.
He had a rough afternoon but is doing much better tonight and is almost completely out of pain.While there this evening it came a terrible rain,thunder storm, but word from home was that it just came a short rain shower.
D-in-love came in and I left because the nurses were saying his pain level tended to drop with a dark quite room.
G-son was here when I got home and was having a good time playing with his pawpaw.
He is staying here tonight since mommy has to be at work at 7 am. Hubbie is taking the day off work tomorrow to stay with son during the day while everyone else works and I watch g-son.G-son and I began our bird watching again this evening and the little wrens are almost ready to leave the nest. This is one of the babies peeking out of the house waiting for the next bit of food from mama wren.
This is a beautiful bouquet that a neighbor gave me yesterday at market after hearing about my son who went to school with his son. It is a bright spot in the last 3 pretty dark days. I know there are a lot of things to be thankful for during this time and I'm trying to keep a positive outlook and leave the care of my son up to the quite capable doctors and nurses. But I find myself continually pleading to the Greatest Physician of all for His miraculous touch which would make my son whole again without any further problems.I pray that my son's wish that he could" just catch a break" with this whole thing would be in God's will for him and healing will begin and continue in the days ahead.
Good Night and God Bless.


Claudia said...

We've been praying and continue to do so.
As a wife and mom I can't imagine seeing my husband or son in so much pain.
God will make things better for everyone, that is for sure.
Love to you and all your family!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I am so sorry to hear about this second surgery..I am thinking of you and your son. Maybe now you have the worst behind you and hopefully things will get a little better everyday:)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

I'm sorry Marilyn that your son had to have that second surgery... But--obviously it was needed. I think his doctors know what they are doing. Bless his heart...I know what kind of pain he is in. Such a shame. I'll keep him (and you and the family) in my prayers.


ga.farmwoman said...

I am so sorry to read about your son's injury and surgery. I hope and pray everything goes well.


Together We Save said...

Hope your son is feeling better!!