Saturday, June 19, 2010


Wishing all you dads out there a VERY HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TODAY !!!
Below is my favorite picture of my dad and I , actually it was the picture that never should have been, but sometimes like this one that's the most precious ones.The story is that my mom and aunt scheduled a photo session to have my picture made and I guess that was not in my plans so I pitched one more fit and refused to even get on the table until along came dad. In his work clothes without even taking off his coat we had our picture made. I have a 8 x 10 in a frame in my bedroom and it is absolutely my favorite pic of he and I. Yes I was truly a daddy's girl and I still miss him so much,it will be 29 years since he's been gone on July 8,2010. I still get choked up thinking about it.
He was a hard working farmer who loved the land and loved growing good things to eat from it.
Today we took Father's Day to son at the hospital in the form of a Dairy Queen ice cream cake and his son.
All the family made it as well as D-in-loves brother and wife so it was a nice time and seemed to cheer son up a little. He is still in a lot of pain in his calf muscles.
Our associate pastor had brought him a nice framed picture with well wishes from some church members on it.
The pastor came by while we were there to wish him a Happy Father's Day. I pray that is the last one he will ever have to spend in the hospital.
We all left him and his wife there for the afternoon. G-son came home with me and daughterOn the way home g-son out of the blue said "let's go through the car wash". Now the last time he was in my van and I tried this I thought he was going to hyper ventilate he got so scared. I reminded him of that and he said he still wanted to go. My van always can use a wash so here we go.Car wash fear conquered !!!! He was disappointed when it was over.
Here at home we spent the afternoon working in the garden,watering and playing hide and seek. G-son and I went over to feed and water the chickens and he let them all out of their lot ,but did a good job helping me round them up and get them back in. I told him he was not a good gate keeper ! He said they just wanted some of the outside grass !
As the sun set this evening and hubbie went to the hospital and daughter went to a dog sitting job,g-son and I settled in for a peaceful, quite night.
He's had his supper and bath and is now crashed in the recliner trying to keep his eyes open. I think he will soon lose that battle.
Hubbie is coming home and letting son spend the night alone tonight for the first time since he's been in there. But he said when he wakes up during the night he wants to watch TV but doesn't want to disturb whoever is there sleeping. All he is doing now is healing so I think he will be alright. After his surgery Tuesday hubbie will spend that night. Daughter is going over there early in the morning,g-son and I will spend some time there after lunch tomorrow.
I'm optimistically hoping they will release him Thursday or Friday,I know he'll feel so much better when he can get out of that hospital bed and move around.
Thanking God for His many blessings of today and asking for His healing hand on son's broken body.
Good Night and God Bless.


Betsy from Tennessee said...

Gorgeous picture, Marilyn... I hope that you and your family --including that oldest son, will have a wonderful Father's Day also.

NCmountainwoman said...

Does your son have an iPod? I made playlists for my husband while he was in the hospital and downloaded some programs for him to listen to. He said it was better than the narcotics in relieving his anxiety and pain.

All of you are still in my thoughts and prayers.