Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DAY 6 OF SON'S HOSPITAL STAY

Early morning shift at the hospital today. Daughter slept very little last night so she was glad to get home in the bed.
Son unfortunately has a low grade fever this morning ,they think he may be getting phenmonia.
Just another hurdle on the road to recovery,the doctors came in this morning and changed their plans. Now they are only going to partailly close the fasciotomy cuts on Friday. Don't know why that decision was made. But I can tell he sure doesn't feel as good as he did last night.
I really feel for him as I get stressed by this roller coaster ride, and I'm not the one laying in that bed. He is sleeping peacefully at the moment and that is a good thing. He needs to relax, his blood pressure was up to 164/98 just a while ago. I'm just sitting here saying some quiet prayers right now.
Blood pressure has continued to climb throughout the afternoon and no one seems to know why.I continually move his foot as it keeps going to sleep and he still can't move it on his own.
The Physical Therapist came in this evening and was really rough with him,she hurt him so bad he almost got sick. Something must have gone wrong for her today because she even was not friendly like usual and it looked like she was taking it out on his leg.
D-in-love came in right in the middle of all the commotion and I'm sure it didn't help her already upset stomach. I stayed until we got him comfortable again about 6:00 and then I came home.
I feel like I have worked a job all day,whew!
After a small supper I did weekly paperwork and payed bills while hubbie got ready for his night at the hospital. He left to go there at about 8:00 so d-in-love could get home to g-son.
I iced my cakes for tomorrow and got things ready to go in the morning.
Thanking God for His care of my son during this,I can't imagine going through something like this without Him beside me to lean on and give my burdens to.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: