Saturday, February 26, 2011

2001 DECADE PICS

Slow market day again,I'm beginning to wonder what this season is going to be like.
I'm so thankful for yesterday's orders. Today even 1 of my orders did not get picked up.
Hubbie and #1 son have worked at church all day and are still there so after market I browsed a couple thrift shops but found very little.
When I got home Hubbie was just getting home also so he helped me unload and then we both took a rest.
It has been a nice sunny day about 55 degrees so it felt cooler than it has been.
After evening chores we headed up to church to clean up all the sheet rock dust from the work today.
We finished about 9:00 and came home to spend the rest of the night resting.

I looked through pictures and was reminded what we were doing in February 2001.
Both #2 son and daughter played high school basketball and were both very good players. February is always the end of the regular season and conference tournament time.
In February 2001 #2 son was finishing up a stellar high school career and was sifting through college scholarship offers.
Here he is accepting the most valuable tournament player. That year the tournament was played at Avery high school where his team won the tournament.

Daughter was a sophomore that year and was a standout on the varsity team. Here she accepts her all conference award. Her team finished 3rd in the tournament that year.

I'd like to have a dollar for every hour my "hinny" sat on a bleacher during my 3 kid's high school years of sports,I could retire and travel the world with that much money ! But those were the best years of my life and I truly enjoyed every game they played.

God has truly blessed me with a life of exciting and loving times with all 3 of my kids and I am grateful each day as it continues.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

You and me too, Marilyn... I sat through so many football and baseball games... Only one of mine played basketball. All of them loved football the most.

Where did #2 son get a scholarship and go to college?

Have a blessed Sunday.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

I, too, collected many a splinter watching my son play football for 16 years and trying other sports over the years. Where did the years go? I truly missed it when it was over but am thankful for the things he learned about life and teamwork through sports.